Structure of the consortium
How we work
CIAL pursues its strategies, which are identified, shared, approved and verified by four specific bodies: Assembly of Consortium members, Board of Directors, Board of Auditors and General Management.
Assembly of Consortium members
The Assembly of CIAL Consortium members is made up of all the organisations that have joined the Consortium, is convened periodically by the Board of Directors and performs the following functions:
- elects the members of the Board of Directors and the Board of Auditors.
- approves documents relating to the economic management of the Consortium (financial statements, programmes of activities and investments of the Consortium, distribution of shares among Consortium members), its organisation (consortium regulations) and operational management (management report, including the Specific Programme of Prevention and Management and the results achieved).
- resolves on proposals to amend the Articles of Association and the Memorandum and Articles of Association and on all other subjects reserved to its competence by the Articles of Association or submitted to it for examination by the Board of Directors.
- determines the amount of Consortium membership fees to be paid by individual Consortium members.
The CIAL Board of Directors
The current CIAL Board of Directors was elected by the Assembly of members on 10 May 2019.
The elected members then confirmed the position of Carmine Bruno Rea, President of the Consortium since 2017, as Chairman of the Board of Directors on 17 May.
Born in Naples in 1963, Carmine Bruno Rea holds a degree in Economics and Commerce and currently holds the post of Sales and Purchasing Manager of the Laminazione Sottile Group, an integrated group of eight companies specialising in aluminium processing which produce aluminium coils with a variety of forms, alloys and surface treatments, including painting and printing, as well as production of aluminium food trays.
Lorenzo Garbellini, former CEO of Ball Beverage Packaging Italia srl, a leading manufacturer of aluminium beverage cans, was appointed Deputy Chairman of the Consortium.
The new CIAL Board of Directors also includes:
- Franco Bove (Guala Closures Group General Manager)
- Alessandro Della Valle (Univetro Chairman)
- Gianmatteo Martinelli (Novelis Director of Operations and Engineering)
- Giulia Miceli (Coca Cola HBC Italia Public Affairs Manager)
- Alberto De Matthaeis (CEO of Carcano Antonio S.p.A.)
- Paolo Miselli (Plant Manager, Italy North, CROWN Food Europe )
- Marco Ravagnani (Assosele Chairman)
Board of Statutory Auditors
- Mariagrazia Tagliabue, Chairman
- Barbara Hell
The General Manager
The General Manager of CIAL is Giuseppina Carnimeo. The Board of Directors appointed the new General Manager in its 11 December 2020 meeting held in Milan.
After a degree in Economics, achieved in 1998 at the University of Bari and a Master in “Management of the Environment” at the Sant’Anna School of University Studies and Specialization in 1999, Giuseppina Carnimeo manages , with growing responsibilities and autonomy, commercial relations in the environmental and waste management fields, for sustainability and environmental compliance verification for companies operating in various industrial sectors.
After various professional experiences, also in the university and research fields, she joined CIAL in 2005 as Head of the Development of Separate Waste Collection, in the last two years, the role of Head of Materials Management and Assistant General Manager with the task of define commercial strategies, priorities for intervention and development of territorial and industrial relations, from collection to recycling, with coordination of the internal resources of the support functions for logistics and quality.