THE ALUDAYS OF THE CIAL CONSORTIUM
The ALUDAYS of the CIAL Consortium are back. Promoted in 4 cities in northern Italy, they will involve citizens in helping with waste separation and aluminium recycling.
Aluminium waste separation in Italy is growing and growing – last year no fewer than 8 out of 10 packaging items were recycled. We are talking of beverage cans, food tins and trays (including animal feeds), spray cans, aluminium foil, tubes, caps and various kinds of seals.
All these containers and packaging can be 100% recycled an unlimited number of times – and this recycling has made Italy an example of virtue worldwide.
Italy is the European country producing the largest amount of recycled aluminium.
ALUDAYS (days dedicated to aluminium waste separation and recycling) have been organised to celebrate these results and, most importantly, to consolidate and improve them.
After the experience last October in southern Italy, this initiative is starting again from Monday 6 May. It will involve 4 large towns in northern Italy that were selected because the local public administrations wanted to make them an example of environmental sustainability.
The citizens of Verona, Monza, Genova and Trieste will be involved in a number of initiatives set up by the Consorzio CIAL, with the specific aim of doing better and doing more.
Look at the video experience from last year:
The ALUDAYS TOUR will remain in each town for 5 days:
– on Tuesday and Wednesday, CIAL representatives will “invade” the town streets with their Riciclette®, to meet locals and provide them with information on aluminium waste separation n their town;
– from Thursday to Saturday, a 40 square metre CIAL stand will be set up in the main squares and streets. With some games and opportunities for involvement, visitors will be able to test their “good recycler” skills and win some amusing gadgets and prizes made of recycled aluminium.
This is the tour’s schedule:
- 7/10 May – Verona, largo Alpini Piazza Bra
- 14/18 May – Monza, piazza San Paolo
- 21/25 May – Genova, Porto Antico
- 28 May/1 June – Trieste, piazza della Borsa
At the same time, CIAL will organise a web competition that will be active for a week in each of the 4 provinces at this address: The competition will allow the townspeople to connect every day and win one of the famous RICICLETTA® city bikes, obtained from recycling 800 used aluminium drink cans.
How does it work? Easy. Just answer a couple of questions on waste separation or solve some easy games on aluminium recycling.
3 Ricicletta per town will be up for grabs, which means 12 in all.
Additionally, people visiting the CIAL stand, connecting to the website www.nonsololattine.it., may be able to win one of the professional aluminium frying pans.
Here is when (and where) to play:
- In the stand in LARGO DEGLI ALPINI PIAZZA BRA: 9, 10, 11 May 2019
- WEB COMPETITION from home: from 6 to 12 May 2019
- In the stand in PIAZZA SAN PAOLO: 16, 17, 18 May 2019
- WEB COMPETITION from home: from 13 to 19 May 2019
- In the stand in PORTO ANTICO: 23, 24, 25 May 2019
- WEB COMPETITION from home: from 20 to 26 May 2019
- In the stand in PIAZZA DELLA BORSA: 30, 31 May – 1 June 2019
- WEB COMPETITION from home: from 27 May to 2 June